This Year’s Essay, “My Military Hero”
- Volunteers will be reading all of your essays and will award the 1st prize in grades 1-8 category with an IPod Touch! Winners in Grades 9-12 will receive an IPAD.
- Children of all Active Duty or retired (with 20+ years of service) military personnel from Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force, Coast Guard and National Guard/Reserve families in first through twelfth grade are eligible to enter.
- Grades 1-8 should write an essay of at least 100 words but not more than 300 words!
- Grades 9-12 should write no less than 300 words and no more than 500.
- All mailed entries must have an essay entry form found in this packet and also at the ASYMCA website.
- All entries must be postmarked by March 15, 2013.
Email Entries may be sent to MFM2013@asymca.org by March 15, 2013. Entries must include all the information that is on the entry form! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email Susan Simms — firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the Essays become property of the Armed Services YMCA and will not be returned. Visit the Armed Services YMCA website for complete rules and extra entry forms.
Click to download the ASYMCA Essay and Art Packet